Monday, November 8, 2010

At the High Dependency Ward


Here at the High Dependency Ward, I stayed one night where I was closely monitored by the nurses. In the same room, there were 4 other children, youngest being a 1-month old baby. I was often awoken by the cries of others and the trigger alarms from the monitoring devices. This sometimes got all of us wailing, like an orchestra. The High Dependency Ward has no beds for parents and so Mum slept sitting on the hard plastic chair.


This is the needle hole on my hand caused by the IV plug during the surgery. Pain, pain.


Most of the time, I was so tired, I feel asleep. This afternoon I felt the cot moving so I guessed they are transfering me to the normal ward soon. My eyes were so heavy I did not open to see where the nurses were taking me...